Everybody loves a “Top _____” list, so we thought we’d join in! Project TGM went live on August 6, 2012 and it has been a huge blessing both to our contributors and readers. We are excited about the future of this ministry and are thankful to you all for joining in with us.
Here are the top 12 posts of 2012 as determined by number of pageviews:
12. The Importance of the Pastoral “I Don’t Know” by Jared Wilson
Guest contributor Jared Wilson encourages pastors to be willing to admit when they cannot answer a question and supplies practical reasons why this is important.
11. “Go and Take” vs. “Come and See” by Seth McBee
Contributor Seth McBee compares two ways of discipleship: making disciples in the day-to-day or inviting people to local churches to be discipled.
10. Porn and Future Marriage by Brandon Smith
Editor Brandon Smith admits that his former porn addiction has affected his marriage and explains two major reasons why.
9. 3 Reasons I Moved to a Sermon Manuscript by Jeff Medders
Guest Contributor Jeff Medders explains why using a sermon manuscript has changed his preaching.
8. When Indie Rock is a Bad Measuring Stick for the Church by Micah Fries
Contributor Micah Fries warns against pushing too many boundaries while trying to be contextual.
7. A Six-Letter Word by Lauren Chandler
Guest contributor Lauren Chandler talks about a “bad” word that she can’t stop using.
6. Provocative Thoughts on the Precious Puritans by Owen Strachan
Contributor Owen Strachan joins in on the firestorm surrounding Christian rapper Propaganda’s controversial song, “Precious Puritans.”
5. Stop Trying to Fix People’s Problems by Sam Rainer
Guest contributor Sam Rainer warns against the pastor’s instinct to try and fix everyone’s problems.
4. Fighting with Scripture by Micah Fries
Contributor Micah Fries deals with the tension between legalism and liberalism.
3. Toward a Well-Rounded Sermon by Brandon Smith
Editor Brandon Smith offers some practical strategies that he uses in preparing a sermon.
2. When Love Refuses to Affirm by Brandon Smith
Editor Brandon Smith talks about the dangers in redefining love.
1. What the Prosperity Gospel Does to the Gospel by Brandon Smith
Editor Brandon Smith gives a brief outline of the three ways that prosperity preachers distort the gospel.